Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Baby on the Way

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from a friend/co-worker of her young son wearing a T-shirt saying "BEST BIG BRO". I responded promptly telling her that the picture was really cute - and the shirt was fun.

She quickly appeared at my desk asking "Don't you get it?". I said "What?". She replied, "The picture."

I told her I thought it was a great photo - and I thought it was cute that he was being called a big brother....assumably to her family cat and dog.

She said "But don't you get it?......He doesn't have a sibling." I said, "Yup - that's so cute about him being a "brother" to the animals.

She stared at me with a quizzical smile/question on her face that basically said "you nut" - and at that moment I GOT IT. I broke out laughing - realizing that it was her cute way of telling me that she was pregnant and her son would soon have a new sibling!

We spent the next several minutes laughing at my response/non-response and then I was able to properly congratulate her.

To help remember our giggles about her big announcement - I decided to make her a coffee cup coaster of her son's photo. I printed the photograph, decoupaged it to the top of a tile, coated it poly spray, and added felt pads on the back.

She loved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment